Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time With My Family!

This Thanksgivings Day was the first holiday in years that we had most of the family together. We had dinner at my mother's house. My aunt and uncle came with one of my cousins from out of town. Two of my brothers came and one came with his girlfriend. and mister Mary came with three of her kids. It was good to see and share this time where we came focus on the blessings God has given us.

I did most of the cooking. My sister and aunt helped finish up the cooking when I had to lay down due to a headache the I woke up with that morning. One of my favorite things to do is cook and share food with my family and friends. The turkey turned out great, nice and juicy. We also had the normal things my family has for Thanksgivings Dinner of sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and macaroni and cheese. I made creamed onions this year. I did not cook the onions all the way but they still turned out okay. A long with the pumpkin, apple, cherry, and sweet potato pies, I made Maja Blanca which is a coconut cake from the Philippines. Everyone one thanked we for the dinner and is still talking about how good it was.

I hope that when can do it again soon. I especially hope that we can get things moving to get Jo Anne here to join us during next years holidays.

Which on Friday, I saw a lot of black. it was the black of the back of my eyes lids. I stayed at my mom's house and slept and eat all day. I was so glad to get a good day of rest in after all the running I have been doing these past several weeks.

On Saturday, I got out and did some shopping. I got a couple Christmas cards for family and friends. I also tried to find the last item for a Christmas gift the I am sending to my friend David in Uganda. I did not find what I was looking for. I have to check the store on Main Street this week or make a trip to Greenville, South Carolina next weekend. I did buy myself a book. I hope the book helps me write more.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Season and a very Merry Christmas. I hope to do some post series that I am calling the twelve days of Christmas on my favorite things about Christmas and the history and traditions.

No comments: