Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Fun Saturday!

This last week was a busy week and the coming week looks like it will be just as busy. I worked nine hour days on Thursday and Friday, get off from work at 1:30 AM in the morning. Saturday morning, finally got to sleep at 3 AM after getting off of work. I got up a little after 9 AM and talked with Jo Anne. After we did our daily prayer time, I got Rayna in the car and heading out to pick my friend Seth for a day of fun.

We drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I know of a nice swim hole up there, that I like to go swimming at when I can. Boy, the water was cold and Rayna did not like it one bit. This was the first and the last chance this summer that I could take her swimming. Maybe next summer, I will have more time to do it. After about a hour of playing around in the water, we head back to the car and went to Brevard, North Carolina.

After eating a late lunch at the Twin Dragons China Buffet, Seth and I looked around the stores in Brevard. In one of the store, I found and ended up buying some National Geographic Magazines from the 1920s, 30s, and 40s. I think they will make a great addition to my library. As a little side note, I am looking forward to the treasures I find at the Friends of the Library Book Sale over the next three weekends. I will have to make another trip out to Brevard to buy some more books that I saw. Brevard has a very lovely downtown that is very pleasant to walk and shop.

I had to cancel my plans for the road trip on Labor Day. While at least, postpone the trip for a later time. At midnight last night, one of my mom's friends called and we had to take her dog to the Emergency Animal Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. I used the money I planned to use on the trip to help her out. The dog is better now and after spending the day at the hospital was able to come home. We believe she was bit by a spider. Since mom has off Labor Day, I may just take her out and look around in the stores.

This week, I will be working nine hour days and Saturday. I get my forty hours and some overtime and maybe holiday pay for the coming week. not sure if temps get holiday pay where I work so I am not courting on it until I see it on my paycheck. There is a good chance of getting overtime over the next several weeks due to a upcoming project the company is working on. I hope it is enough money to get my own computer. Then, I can start post more and better post.

1 comment:

Janet, said...

Sounds like you had a nice Saturday, I've always wanted to go on a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, maybe someday we will.