Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, July 25, 2010

God's Grace in times of Suffering

As what Daniel had shared last week, I have been in trouble because of my health condition. I feel sad when I got the result and found out that I had an infection that needs to be treated for 6 months by taking medications. I most likely got it from my work where I was exposed to different people when we go on a field. For the past week, I feel so depressed but God talked with me through His message on our worship service at church this morning. The Pastor talked about Paul's Vision and His thorn. Even Apostle Paul was given a physical ailment and asked the Lord to take it away but God replied "My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak." These verse makes me strong for I know God is there to lift me up everytime i feel weak. God has a reason and purpose why things happened and He will not let anyone be tempted beyond what we can bear.

But to keep me from being puffed up with pride because of the many wonderful things I saw, I was given a painful physical ailment, which acts as Satan's messenger to beat me and keep me from being proud. Three times I prayed to the Lord about this and asked him to take it away. But his answer was: "My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak." I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me. I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10


God has blessed me with a loving family who are always there to support me and care for me. I thank God for having Daniel, my loving fiance who never leave me but instead love me faithfully and unconditionally. Things will be a little hard for me until I can cope up with my sickness, but I will not give up working on the ministry God wants me to do. My life belongs to God and I will used it for His glory.

No comments: