Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, January 03, 2010

A Blessed Sunday

Today is the first Sunday for this year 2010. I went to church with full excitement after I missed all the activities last Christmas and New Year. I had two weeks vacation at work to enjoy the holiday season but I got sick and was advised to take a bed rest. I thank God that I am healed now from Parotitis and my face is not swollen anymore. After two weeks of spending time at home, I got a chance to go out today to attend the Sunday Worship service. I am so blessed on the message delivered by our Pastor with the theme of “New Commitment for the Year 2010”. He got the passage on Philippians 3:12-14 (Pressing on Toward the Goal).

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."


I want to share the three important things he pointed out on his message.
> Commit yourself to forget your failures
> Commit yourself to give up our grudges (Colossians 3:13)
> Commit yourself to restore your relationship


In order for us to move forward, we need to forget our failures. God’s word says we must not allow ourselves to be bogged by our past. We should give up also our grudges because it is an unforgiving spirit that leads to unforgiving actions. It is dangerous because they are destructive. One quotation said, "Unforgiving servants always end up in prison" (prison of anger, prison of guilt, prison of depression). To restore our relationship we must allow the word of God to shape our thinking, attitude and value. As we start year 2010, let us replace all our worries with faith and live with full determination so we can press on toward the goal.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hope you're MUCH better now, Dan. Never heard of Parotitis before but it sounds awful.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Thank you Valerie! It was Jo Anne who had the Parotitis and she is doing better now. Parotitis is the inflammation the parotid glands.