Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Busy This Past Week!

This past week has seemed to be a busy one for we. I have been busy at work and school. I started doing some Christmas shopping.

The major problem that I had at work has been taking care of now. I hate to see someone lose their job but the problem stop as soon as the person was gone. We have been picking up in business at work too. I am learning a lot. I am looking for another job because I need more income for the processing of Jo Anne's Visa.

Thursday, I had a appointment at the Asheville, North Carolina campus of Montreat College, to get information about their working adult program. I have decided that it would be a great program. With the program you take one class at a time. The down side is that it cost to much money. I have decide to go ahead and take the next semester off from school. With work and a full schedule at school, I do not have the time to study and to the homework from my classes. I have had at least two exams each week for the last month. I will take the time off to focus of getting Jo Anne here and work on getting my ministry started.

While Friday night, mom and I went shopping down in Greenville, South Carolina for Christmas gifts for Jo Anne and her family. We still have a little more to get which we will get in the next couple weeks. I want to get their Christmas shipped before the end of November to make sure it get to the Philippines in time for Christmas. I took my to Staxs in Greenville for dinner. She enjoyed their wonderful food and service. I would recommend Staxs to you if you are in Greenville, South Carolina. After dinner, we head to different store around Greenville for shopping. Even through it was the night before Halloween, I was surprised that many of the store had very little for Halloween displays. At least we did see some things out for Christmas already.

We had a steady night at work for Halloween. We had a few family come in for dinner after trick or treating on Main Street. The employees eat most of the candy that we had for Halloween.

All this week I have felt tired all week. I guess that I need to start an exercise program to get more energy. I have been watching the amount that I eat and have lost some weight. I will try to start doing some walking between my classes and work during the day.

Also today, I got stopped by a regular reader of this Blog at "the Temple" (Wal-mart). She asked me how things are going with Jo Anne and I. Right now, we are at a stand still with the Visa processing. I lost my job back in March, after I got back from the Philippines. Last a couple month with no job, I got the job a have now. Unfortunately, it does not pay me enough to meet the income requirements of the Visa. I am looking for better work. I also make a little money from my Blogs. That is very little money, I am still waiting to make enough for the first check. I am planning on starting a new Blog on Sunday. I hope to catch up with my mentor which I have not been able to meet with for the last month due to our work schedules. Jo Anne and I hope to find someone to co-sponsor her for her Visa with me. Of course, if things start moving with getting Jo Anne here to the United States, I will post something here for all friends here.

I am working on some interest post for Mountain Highs and Valleys Lows, that I believe you will enjoy. Jo Anne and I always enjoy reading to feedback we get from our readers.

2 comments:

BluesVox said...

A Busy week indeed Dan. You have a busy life in general I would say too. Thanks for sharing and best wishes for getting Jo Anne here asap. I look forward to that day and the joy you both will receive. Take great care

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Blues,
Thank you.