Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Western North Carolina Air Museum

After, I finish with my classes today at school I headed over to the Western North Carolina Air Museum. If you are interested in aviation at all this is a great place to check out if you our in the Hendersonville, North Carolina area.
I have heard about the museum over the year but this was my first time to go to the museum. One of the staff members gave me a guided tour and explain the history and how each plane was made. I found the planes very interesting and amazed at what some pilots did to fly some of the planes in the early days of airplanes. Many of the planes in the early days where made of wood and cloth. Seeing the size of the planes made wonder why someone would want to be in they as long as some of the flights were.
The museum is located in two hangars at the Hendersonville Airport. The entrance to the museum is off of Brooklyn Avenue just down the road from the airport. Admission is free but donations are gladly accepted.

1 comment:

BluesVox said...

Looks really cool thanks Dan