Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Time To Start Thinking Of Operation Christmas Child

I got a letter in the mail today from Samaritans' Purse telling me about registration for helping at the processing center for Operation Christmas Child. If you can help at a processing center, I would encourage you to do so. Several years ago, I helped at the processing in Charlotte and was amazed at the size of the center and the number of shoeboxes. Back in February, I was blessed to be at Jo Anne's church in Quezon City, Philippines. You can read about that in my post, Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes Delivered. You can see a movie and pictures of the children receiving their boxes.

Registration for the Processing Center begins on Monday, August 3, 2009. Call 1-800-442-9120, to reserve a time for your family, church, or group. Samaritan's Purse has Processing center for Operation Christmas Child in Atlanta, Georgia; Boone, North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Denver, Colorado; Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Orange County County, California. All volunteers must be at least thirteen years old to help at the Processing Center.

Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes go to the children in poverty in 95 different countries poverty, all around the world. National Collection Week in the United States is November 16-23, 2009. I will make at least one shoebox this year. If I can find the time, I will help out at one of the Processing Centers. Please check out the Operation Christmas Child website for more information on Operation Christmas Child. Shoeboxes are collected in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand.

No comments: