Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, July 27, 2009

Rayna Goes To Carl Sandburg's Home

This afternoon, my mom and I took my dog, Rayna, to Carl Sandburg's home to go for a walk. We were planning on hiking up to the top Glassy Mountain, but since we had an afternoon storm we decide to stay around the house and the barn. Rayna at the barn at Carl Sandburg's home. I was wondering now Rayna would react to the goats. She just sat and looked at the male goats as mom and I talked with the volunteer that was taking care of them. She told us goats do not like dogs because they do not know what to make of them. With Rayna, being a German Shepherd mix she seemed right at home around the barn and the goats. German Shepherds come from sheep-herding dogs in Germany. Rayna is very gentle around other people. I have been trying to get her around more people now that she listens to me for the most part.

The trip to Carl Sandburg's home was a treat for Rayna. She seems to enjoy checking out new places. I hope to take her back to walk up to the top of Glassy Mountain, which I am sure she will enjoy.

The rain while at Carl Sandburg's Home.

The rain while at Carl Sandburg's Home.


Rayna waiting for the rain to stop.

Rayna waiting for the rain to stop.


Mom and Rayna at the Trout Pond near the barn.

Mom and Rayna at the Trout Pond near the barn.

No comments: