Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Keep Going

I spent my morning talking to Jo Anne, washing my clothes, and filling out applications for work and school. Only one of the job applications, I filled out was for a business that had a job listed. One of the other places, I heard through my network that two people got fired for not showing up for job without calling. I also just filled out an application for a store just because I would like to work there.

I will be glad when I get a job. The biggest thing, I try to do while looking for a job is keeping myself positive. I know that I am a great workers. Anyone who does not hire me is the loser bigger then me. I also have a good sense of humour in these hard times in my life. I have a couple shirts with different sayings. Several years ago when I was unemployed I brought a shirt that says, "I'd get a job... but that takes too much work." The shirt reminds me the looking for a job is harder then working a job. Once I get a job I can rest a little bit.

As I said at the begin of this post, I spent my morning talking with Jo Anne. Jo Anne and I do not let a day go by without some form of communication. More importantly we set time aside each day to pray together. My time with my Love is very inportant part of keeping myself positive. Even with her being on the other side of the world, Jo Anne always brightens my day and keeps me going. I long for the day that I can hold her in my arms again. That day will be even closer when I get a job. We do not spend our time only talking about me not having a job. We talk about the great things God is doing in our lives. We are sure that God is using this time to make our relationship stronger.

The lost of my job has diffidently changed my plans on by coming debt free. It has only slow the rate down a little. I have canceled a couple services and cut back on things. Even on unemployment, I am still making progress on getting my debt paid off. I am looking at having my car paid off in October or November. That is three to four month earlier then if I just paid the regular payment. Of course, once I get a job I will be able to save more money for the different expenses involved with getting Jo Anne here and getting married. After, I get the car paid off I will only have my student loan will be my only debt. The student loan will be quickly taking care of once, Jo Anne and I get settle down. I am glad that I have been working on getting out of debt because it has given me less things to worried about as I am looking for a job. I am able to focus on getting a job I want instead of just getting a job to pay my debt. I also about to use the money to do different things to get my mind off of not having a job. In a later post, I will share somethings that you can do to make dealing with being unemployed easier. I also would love to hear your ideas as well.

While being jobless you need to keep positive and believe in yourself. Things will get better. Focus on the good things that are going on in your life.

No comments: