Bible Verse Of The Day

Friday, April 24, 2009

Town Hall For Hope

Thursday night, I had the pleasure of taking part in the Town Hall for Hope with Dave Ramsey. First Baptist Church of Hendersonville, North Carolina was one of 6,000 locations that took part of the Town Hall for Hope.

Dave Ramsey talked about the history behind the current recession and then answered question from people all over the United States. I found this event very informative and uplifting.

Ladies and Gentlemen as I said before here on Mountain Highs and Valley Lows the real change this country need begins with you and me. If you wait for the government to fix anything you will be wait for a long time. It is time for you to take control of your life. take control of your money. Save up an emergency fund and get out of debt and have financial freedom. Stop listening to the fear people are spreading around. When you step back and look at things, they are not as back as the politicians and news media says they are. One other thing Dave Ramsey has said and I agree with him is to start giving. Give money, time or support. No matter want you give it will make a change.

Over the past couple years I have made many chances in my life. I had effort to read books, both fiction and non-fiction. I have started to hang out with more positive people. As Dave said during the Town Hall for Hope, and it is true, you will the same in five years as you are today expect for the books you read and the people you hang out with. He was quoting someone else which I can not remember the name.

I will work on putting a list of books that one recommend for you to reading and things for you to do to begin giving. Together we can bring the change we need. Remember, hope beings with you.

No comments: