Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, April 20, 2009

Scared-cat Dog

I went for a walk this evening down to the end of the road and back. Rayna walked with me. She does a great job of staying with me and not running off. Most of the time I do not use a leash for her.

I get a kick out of the fact that she whimpers whenever a another dog start to bark or come close to us. I have to chance the dogs away if they do not leave us alone after awhile. She does hang out a little with two of the neighbor's dog but most of the time she stays around the house be herself and the chickens. I guess she just whimpers because she does not know the other dogs that we pass on our walks.

This evening on our walk I teased her a little because she started to whimper when the three-legged dog down the road started barking at us. I said to her, "Why are you whimpering, that dog only has three legs? You can take him if he tried doing something." I just continued to walk by and paid the other dog.

Rayna will bark when someone she does not know comes on the property. She has gone after one of my friend because she does not like him. But she has not harmed any one. She will stop when I or my roommate tell her too.

No comments: