Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Jesus Wept Over Jerusalem

Today at church we did the our traditional Palm Sunday service with the kids walking through the sanctuary waving palms leaves in their hands and the sermon was about Jesus triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Pastor Ryan taught out of Luke 19. The part of his sermon that got we thinking the most was when Jesus wept over Jerusalem.

And when he drew near and saw the city, he wept over it, saying, "Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For the days will come upon you, when your enemies will set up a barricade around you and surround you and hem you in on every side and tear you down to the ground, you and your children within you. And they will not leave one stone upon another in you, because you did not know the time of your visitation." ~ Luke 19:41-44 (ESV)


Is Jesus weeping over us today? So many Christians today are just going through the motions of life. We are not listen to God's will for our lives. Many of us live just as broken lives as non-Christians. Things in our everyday life hide the peace that God desires for our lives. I am in no way saying that when we follow God's will that life will be easy. In fact, we may have to go through harder things. When we are follow his will for our lives, we will feel at peace.

As I have been reading 48 Days by Dan Miller, God has been showing we things that I need to work on in my life. I have been looking over my life as it is now and God has been showing me where he wants me to be. What flashed in my mind as Pastor Ryan spoken about Jesus weeping over Jerusalem, was that Jesus was weeping over me. God has a plan for my life and I have been off track. I have been praying that God show me the way and give me the courage to follow. I am being to take steps in the direction that God wants me to go in order to fulfill his plan for my life.

I have been move in the right direction on somethings. Now God is calling me to step up the pace a little bit. I have peace over my finances even with the lose of my job. My unemployment covers my bills and my needs. I am using that peace to try to find the right job that fits into God's will for my life. I am also looking at the other parts of my life and seeing what I need to do to become a true success in life. Being successful in life is finding a balance in all parts of your life.

No comments: