Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, April 23, 2009

How Long has it Been?

One song that keeps on asking each and everyone of us how many times we spent talking with the Lord and when is the last time we talked with Him? This is one of my Mom and my Uncle Erning’s favorite song. I was blessed and happy that I grew up in a Christian family, I really thank the Lord for giving me such a wonderful family that lead me and guide me to the right path. This song leave a mark in my heart because it keeps on reminding me to spend more time with the Lord for He is the only one who will never leave us no matter how many times we forget Him. God is waiting for us and longing to talk with us. May the message of this song serve as an encouragement to all. It’s a great privilege for us that we able to talk with our Father in heaven. Now is the time to dedicate and use our lives for God’s glory, because death comes like a thief at night and no one knows when it happen.



How long has it been since you talked with the Lord
And told him your heart's hidden secrets
How long since you prayed how long since you stayed
On your knees till the light shone through
How long has it been since your mind felt at ease
How long since your heart knew no burden
Can you call him your friend how long has it been since you knew that he cared for you

How long has it been since you knelt by your bed and prayed to the Lord up in heaven
How long since you knew that he’d answer you
And would keep you the long night through
How long has it been since you woke with the dawn and felt that the day’s worth the living
Can you call him your friend how long has it been since you knew that he cared for you


Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

1 comment:

Crystal Jigsaw said...

This is so beautiful. I often talk to God. I had a particularly strong faith once but the passing of my beloved father threatened my relationship with God. I have tried since to remind myself that God will never leave us. I have done two Alpha courses in the past 8 years but still I feel somewhat distant.

CJ xx