Bible Verse Of The Day

Friday, April 03, 2009

Fighting Poverty

I have seen many pictures of poverty in my life. The scenes in those pictures became more real during my visit to the Philippines. My heart broke as I saw people living in poverty first hand. Seeing the houses made of scraps of wood and metal. Seeing children that were skin and bones begging for money on the streets.

Child Sponsorship Program is the main part of Compassion's fight against poverty. Of course that is where someone sponsors a child living in poverty. Compassion also has Child Survival Program and Leadership Development Program. The Child Survival Program focuses on prenatal care and early childhood development. The Leadership Development Program for children who graduate from high school and want to continue on to college. Compassion also has AIDS and Malaria Intervention programs to help the people who live in poverty.

No comments: