Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sponsoring A Child Through Compassion

We are trying some new out with the Blog. We are going to start having theme weeks. This is our first theme week and this week is Compassion Week. All this week we will be posting about Compassion International.

but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." ~ Matthew 19:14


Over the years, I have sponsored three children though Compassion International. I first heard of Compassion through my church when I was in high school. Since then I have been sponsoring a child when I can.

Compassion was started back in the 1950s by Evangelist Everett Swanson. He was the needs of children orphaned by the Korea War while sharing the gospel with the troops. He setup a sponsorship program for the orphans in South Korea. Over the years, Compassion grew and now over one million children in 24 countries. Compassion partner countries are Australia, Canada, Deutschland, France, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States.

The child I sponsor name is Libin. He lives with his mother in Chettukuzhy, India. With my sponsorship, Libin is provided with an education, food, clothes, and the knowledge that Jesus love him. Libin and I write letters to one another telling want is going on in our lives. I do not wait to get to the house to open a letter from Libin. I also pray for Libin everyday.

As I said this week is Compassion Week for Mountain Highs and Valley Lows. Each day this week we will post something about Compassion. Jo Anne and I hope that you will join us in sponsoring a child through Compassion.

No comments: