Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scandinavian Children's Mission

While visiting my fiancée in the Philippines, I visited the place were she works. She works in the Center for Malnourished Children at the Scandinavian Children's Mission in San Juan, Philippines.

My Love and the staff toured me around the Malward. I was touched by what I saw. I even held a little girl in my arms that was so malnourished she could not focus her eyes. She was literally skin and bones. I wish I could share pictures for for the privacy and safety of the children I am unable to share them online. The children in the Malward were in various stages of malnourishment. The staff cares for the children and help educate the parents to provide better care of their kids.

Scandinavian Children's Mission was founded in 1985 by Sigvard Wallenberg from Sweden. Other services they offer besides the Malward are orphanage ,feeding, day care and medical/dental services, house building programs, schools and relief operations.

The Vision
The intention of the SCM is to practice the faith defined in the Bible, to carry out the task of reaching and touching the lives of the poor, the burdened and the suffering especially the children.

Mission Statement
We desire to show the love of Christ by:

  • Feeding the hungry and helping the sick

  • Raising the standard of living of the poor

  • Meeting the needs of their soul and spirit


  • The Challenge

  • To provide care, shelter and Christian love to the needy

  • To enhance, develop and strengthen the hidden skills of people

  • To become co-laborers and partners in nation building and development of the country

  • To encourage family values, moral and scriptural ethics.


  • Source: Scandinavian Children's Mission website


    Unfortunately, at this time telling you about Scandinavian Children's Mission is the only help I can give them. As soon as I can I will offer more help to them. If you are able to help, please consider Scandinavian Children's Mission as part of your giving. For more information, visit the website for the Scandinavian Children's Mission.

    1 comment:

    Jo Anne said...

    Thank you my Love for sharing about the institution that I am working with. I hope thru this more people will be encourage to share their blessings to the children. The institution really need a sponsors to sustain the needs of the kids. I am sure one day we will able also to extend our hands to the needy. I'm looking forward to do and fulfill our missions together. We will go together with our journey and we will serve the Lord for the rest of our lives. I miss you so much. I love you very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much. Mahal Kita. Mwahhhhhh....XXXOXXX