Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Potter's Hands

But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand. ~ Isaiah 64:8 (ESV)

Over the past week, I have been thinking a lot about how God is like a Potter and we are his clay. I try to remember that God is in control and is preparing me for his plan. It is these hard times in life that make the good times so good. How could we enjoy the good things in life if we had nothing to compare them to? One day, I will be fully made into the image of Jesus.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. ~ Romans 8:28-29

Jo Anne and I, have had a hard time with being apart, especially now that I lost my job. We trust in the Lord and know that in this time apart he is molding us. We long to serve the Lord together as husband and wife one day. This is the time he is conforming us into the people he wants us to be first. We are not perfect but as Christians, God is conforming us into the image of his son. We hope one day, people will not see us when they look at us but see Jesus and the great work God has done in our life.

While in the Philippines I went to church with my Love at her church, the Banlat IEMELIF Church in Quezon City, Philippines. The Choir of Banlat IEMELIF Church sung the song the Potter's Hands.




Beautiful Lord, wonderful saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in Your hands
Crafted into Your perfect plan

You gently call me, into Your presence
Guiding me by, Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord
To live all of my life through Your eyes

I'm captured by, Your Holy calling
Set me apart
I know You're drawing me to Yourself
Lead me Lord I pray

Take me, Mold me
Use me, Fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hands
Hold me, Guide me
Lead me, Walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

No comments: