Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

30 Days To Go: the Philippines

Starting the last 30 day countdown until my beloved Jo Anne and I met in person, I thought that I would share a few general facts about the Philippines today. I hope you enjoy the nest 30 days as Jo Anne and I count the days.

The Philippines is officially called the Republic of the Philippines and includes 7,107 islands. Manila is the capital city. With a population around 90 million people the Philippines is the twelfth most populous country in the world. I will be staying with my Love in Quezon City, which is the largest city in the Philippines. It is located in the Manila Metro Area. The official languages are Filipino and English. Ninety percent of the people in the Philippines are Christians with most belonging to the Roman Catholic Church.

No comments: