Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, January 19, 2009

25 Days to Go: Martin Luther King, Jr

Today is Martin Luther King Day and I want to share the "I have a Dream" speech that Martin Luther King, Jr give at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C. on August 28, 1963.



I long for the day that his dream will come true and most of his dream is reality today. We will always have people who can not look past the color of someone's skin. Yes the election of Barack Obama as the president of the United States is a step closer to Dr. King's Dream but it is not a fulfilment of his dream. Many people voted for Mr. Obama because he had dark skin. Dr. King's Dream as you can read below was skin color play not factor but the character of the person. In talking with some of my friends both Black and White, I am amazed at how many vote for people who stand for things that are opposite of the things they believe in.

I by no mean to support hate towards Barack Obama. I hope he does want is best for our great country. I do not support his views of how to changes the things that are wrong with this country.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.


In order to see this part of Dr. King's Dream come true, we need to drop many political correct terms. Barack Obama is not an African-American. He is an American just like me. If you were born in America, you are an American not African-American, Asian-American, Mexican-American or Euro-American. These terms only serve to keep us separated. Black, White, Yellow, Red or any other color our skin can be we are all created equal by God.

Their are parts of Dr. King's Dream that has come true. Everyday in the United States, Blacks and Whites sit down and fellowship together, work together and worship together.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.


I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.


Now let us continue to work together to see Dr. King's full dream come true. Click here to read the full text of his speech.

No comments: