Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Food Journey: Guinness Stew

I have 73 days to go to see my Love. I made a pot of Guinness stew. I started the stew, Saturday morning with marinading the stew beef for 48 hours. Monday morning, I cooked the stew beef on low in the slow cooker. Two to three hours for the meat was done. Then I put in a 11.2 ounce bottle of Guinness Draught Beer, beef broth, and water in to the slow cooker. After I stirred them together I put in soup starter, mixed vegetables, potatoes, and black pepper. The potatoes I cut into cubes and should have put only them in at this time and let them cook an hour or two before putting the rest of the stuff in the stew. Leaving it on low I let it cook for five hours. I then turn in a half cup of cornstarch. You can use one cup of flour. After an hour or two I turned the slow cooker off and let the stew sit overnight. This lets everything mix together. All you need to do is reheat and eat. I like to eat the stew with saltine crackers.

No comments: