Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Debt Free Report: Trusting God

Besides get married to my beloved Jo Anne, one of my biggest goals for my life right now is to become debt free. In doing these articles, I hope to encourage other people to become debt free. I plan on doing my Debt Free Reports on Fridays.

As you know if you has been reading Mountain Highs and Valley Lows, I am planning to go to the Philippines to spend time with my Love, Jo Anne, in February. I saved up the money I needed for my flight there and back. Now that I have the flight paid for I am working on saving up the money to cover my bills, shots, and spending money. The challenge is to do this without getting into more debt. I have 62 days to go, to be with the woman that I love.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.~ Matthew 6:33-34 (ESV)


Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will(give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday. ~ Psalm 37:4-6 (ESV)


I have trusted God to provide for every need for Jo Anne and I to get married. He has not failed in providing for us both in everything in our lives. In my life, I have found that when we are good stewards of what God provides to us, he will bless us with more. I believe that going into debt for anything other than buying a house is saying, God does not provide for your needs.

His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'~ Matthew 25:21 (ESV)


I should have my car paid off by February of 2010. I get notices every month from the finance company asking me to burrow more money from them. It is temping to burrow more money but I remember the freedom that I have now, that I own less money to people. I have more freedom to go out and buy things and own them without having a monthly payment. It feels great to go out to dinner or watch a movie and not have to worry if I will be able to pay a bill because I used that money to go out.

No comments: