Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Operation Christmas Child

It is time once again to get your shoebox of Christmas gifts for Operation Christmas Child ready. Operation Christmas Child is an outreach ministry of Samaritan's Purse which gives the shoeboxes to needy children all around the world. This year I am sending a shoe box for a little girl from age five to nine years old. A few years back, I helped out at the distribution center in Charlotte, North Carolina. I was amazed at the size of the building and the number of boxes. I have talked with people who have handed out the shoeboxes to the children and they said it was a great blessing to see the happiness of the children.

Samaritan's Purse started Operation Christmas Child in 1993. This year you need to drop off your shoeboxes at Collection Centers in your area during the week of November 17 - 24. For more information on Operation Christmas Child go to Samaritan's Purse's web site.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm going to be hitting the next sale soon to get most of my presents for relatives and friends. Just need to make a list now I think, on what I will be buying!
We also do a shoebox appeal in where members of our local church each pack an empty shoe box with tinned foods to send over to the African countries so they can have a better Christmas.