Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, November 17, 2008

Food Journey: Chili

One of my favorite meals to make is Chili. It had been over two years since I last made chili my self. So I decided to make some this past week. I like to use Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili Kit when making my chili.

1 Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili Kit
2 lbs. ground beef
1 yellow onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2 jalapeño peppers chopped
1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
2 - 15 oz cans water
1 - 15 oz can kidney beans drained



Put ground beef, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño peppers in 10 inch skillet. Once the ground beef is brown stir in the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil then let the chili simmer for 20 minutes. For the best taste let the chili sit in the refrigerator over night and reheat to eat.



I enjoy putting my chili on top of some rice with cheese and sour cream. I also so like to eat it with saltine crackers.

No comments: