Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Around the World in Eighty Days

Eighty days to go for me to be with the women that I love. This reminds we of the book Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne. The events in the book take place in the early 1870's. Back then it took a long time to get around the world. In the book the main character, Phileas Fogg, takes a challenge to go around the world in 80 days. That was a record back in the 1870's since the hot air balloon was flight and ships for the sea. Now You can make it around the world in a day. My trip of halfway around the world is going to take a little over a day. Of course my trip will not only be faster because of planes but more comfortable.

I enjoy Jules Verne's stories. He was a science fiction writer in the late 1800's. So many of the things we have today is owned to science fiction writers. The book are fun to read and imagine the the possibility.

No comments: