Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11/01

Seven years ago our lives in the United States changed forever. I decided this year to share how I remember that day.

I had the day off but, I got up early to take my mother to work. I walked out of my room as they which over to special report saying a plane just hit one of the towers at the World Trade Center. At this point, I do not think much about it. It must have been an accident after all a plane crashed into the Empire State Building in the 1950's. As my mother and I sat there watching the news, we saw the second plane hit the other tower. As soon as I saw the second plane hit, I looked at my mother and said, "We are being attacked." As we continued to watch the news came that the Pentagon was hit by another plane. My stomach sunk as I heard the news about the Pentagon. I ridden on a bus just pass the tower but I had been in the Pentagon. Now a sat there watching these buildings on fire. Then seeing the towers collapse made my stomach sink again.

The fourth plane had crash by the time I took my mother into work. I worked at the local Wal-mart at the time. I stopped in to the store on the way home. Their were many people in the store but it was very quiet. I was amazed at how quiet at was in the store that day. It took a few days for the noise level to get back to normal at the store. I walked around the store and talked with my friends and everyone was talking about what happen in New York City, Washington, DC, and Pennsylvania.

In the end, 2,998 people lost their lives because of the actions of 19 men. I hope that we never forget the people who dead that day.

Warning: first video has some bad words in it!



No comments: