Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ministry for Homeless Turns Down Jackpot Money

Recently, the Lighthouse Mission in Patchogue, New York turned down its share of money from a winning lottery ticket with a jackpot worth $3 million. The Lighthouse Mission helps the homeless on Long Island. The Mission's Executive Director, Pastor James Ryan, said the mission turned down the money because they feel it would send the wrong message to the people they help with addictions which includes gambling addictions. I was so touch by this story this morning when I read my local paper, Times-News, that I had to share it with you here. I encourage you too send a gift to the Lighthouse Mission for doing the right thing. I am sure it was hard for them to turn down the money since they are need of a new building for their offices. To find out how to support them or to find more information about the Lighthouse Mission go to their website at www.lighthousemission.net.

No comments: