Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Food Journey: Macaroni and Cheese

I had some macaroni laying around in my kitchen and I needed to use it. I decided to make some Macaroni and Cheese. So I got on the Internet and found this recipe called Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese at Allrecipes.com.

Ingredients
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions
Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat eggs with fresh and evaporated milks. Mix in uncooked macaroni and 3 cups shredded cheese. Transfer to slow cooker, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Do not stir or remove lid while cooking.


Here is the Macaroni and Cheese in the Slow Cooker when finished cooking.


The best things about cooking is eating your creation.

This recipe taste good right out of the slow cooker and after that when it is cold. I used Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses instead of the Cheddar that the recipe calls for. I recommend shorting the cooking time and putting the salt and pepper in it.

No comments: