Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Part III – A Blessed Family

A family that prays together, stays together. I was blessed with the family God gave me. The secret of having a successful and strong family bonding is putting God at the center. I can say that my parents are good example of being a couple. My Dad was not a Christian but through my Mom he knew God and accepted Him in his life as his personal Lord and Savior. I really thank the Lord for giving me a complete family. The lives of my parents is not that easy, in one year they only spent a month or two of being together because my Dad worked as a seaman. For almost 30 years of their marriage the situation goes like that and being apart to each other temptation is always near. Now a days, we heard a lot of couple who got divorce because of their unsuccessful marriage for they thought it is the best solution to their problem. God is great and I thank Him for His leading on our family. My parents value their marriage because they know from the start it is a lifetime commitment and a sacred vow done in front of God, family, friends and other people. They promise to God that they will love each other for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, for better or for worst. God brought them together and no one can separate them from the love God has given them. I have seen and witnessed how much they love each other, my Dad who never leave my Mom during the time she was in bed and almost dying because of her disease. He stay beside my Mom until her last breathe. Our family was so blessed in many ways though we had been through with a lot of trials, we look for it as a blessing because with that He draw us more closer to each other.

No comments: