Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life is a Gift: God's Protecting Hands

My life is full of examples of God protecting me. My life has not been a easy one. I was born the middle child of seven children of my parents. My father was an alcoholic and very abusive. My mother was almost killed by my father twice while she was carrying me in her womb. As a small child my father locked me in my bedroom and the bed caught on fire. I escaped the room by climbing out onto the roof. An neighbor saw me playing with my toys on the roof.

I spent most of my time at my grandparents house who took custody of me when I was four years old. I was referred to as my grandparents' son since their only children were my mother and aunt. My grandparents raised me up in a Christian home. When I was eight years old I started attending a baptist church near my home after the pastor paid a visit to the house and invited us to the church. In August of 1986, I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. In time the pastor left and I stopped going to the church. As I got into my teenage years I started making same bad choices. I did not get into drugs or alcohol thanks to God protection. I was loving for love and looking in some of the wrong places. Forming the wrong kind of friendships with people. People started telling lies about me, but if the true came out it would make the lies look like the truth. In 1993, one of the boy in my neighborhood invited me to come to church with him. He made sure that I had a ride to church each time the church was open. I was involved in the youth group at church. I started to grow in the Lord again.

I continued to make bad choices in my life. I finally got into major trouble which God used to get me the counseling I needed in order to start the right choice with friendships. God is still working on making me into the man he want me to be. I getting life in order and developing friendships that build me up instead of tearing me down. God is now using me to change peoples lives all over the world.

In January of this year, God brought a very special women into my life. We started talking in a Christian Chat Room that I started chatting in to developed my social skills and make good Christian friends. My Love and me started as friends with me not looking for a relationship. I finally got to the point at I decide to give up on looking for someone to spend my life with. Shortly after this God started speaking to my heart that my Love was the one for me. After much time of praying then talking with her we become boyfriend and girlfriend. We committed our relationship to the Lord and pray together everyday. God is answering our prayers day by day.

When I was younger many people would come up to me and tell me that God have something special planned for me to do. I believe that he is moving me in the final position for that plan. I pray everyday for God to use me to touch someone for his glory.

No comments: