Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, June 22, 2008

God Answering Prayers

This week I have got some news that shows me that God is answering a prayer. I have been praying for a while now that my friend Micheal (changed her name for her privacy), will come to relationship with Jesus as her Lord and Savour. This past week she has moved out of where her parents are living. Last weekend her father hit her again. She is now staying at her boyfriend's and friends' houses. Her boyfriend help her out with her father but he does drugs. She came into work on Saturday with a black eye and her co-workers and boyfriend encouraged her to file charges against her father for hitting her. Her boyfriend went with her and the cops to get her stuff from where her parents live. She still is a long way to accepting the grace and love of God through the cross but I sure I will see her in Heaven one day. God is working in her life. I continue to pray that one day she will see that God loves and cares for her. I will continue to pray for her everyday as long it takes. I ask that you start praying for her too.

Hearing about my friend got me thinking about the other prayers that God is answering or has answered recently. One prayer he has answer for me is that I have been praying that God would bring someone in my life that I could spend the rest of my life with. He answer that by bringing my girlfriend and love of my life into my life Jo Anne Hipolito. Jo Anne and I have comitted our relationship to God and we pray together everyday. Jo Anne also helps we with entries on this Blog. I am looking forward to the day that she will become my wife and serve the Lord together for the rest of our lives.

Jo Anne and I have been praying that God will provide everything we need for us to be together. The biggest thing is getting the money for my flight so that we can spend Christmas and New Year's together this year. Right now my flight is going to cost around $2000. God has been answering this pray in many ways. I have been finding more change that I pick up off the ground. I have gotten a few tips at work, in the past few weeks I gotten a $20 tip. I also have been getting some overtime at work and have been asked if I can work more overtime. God has also has provided money in some other ways too. I hope to have the money for my flight by October 15, 2008. I am excited to see how God will provide for our needs.

Another prayer that he is answering is about my friend David is Uganda. I met David in a Christian Chat room last year. David and I became friend quickly. Unlike a lot of people you meet in chat rooms he has not asked me for money. He has ask me for advice and for prayer. I have been trying to help him to come to school here in the United States. David has sent me the forms he needs for admissson to UNC Charlotte. Another friend and I are going to pay the admission fee for him. We are sure that God will provide the rest of the money that he need. David desires to serve the Lord in his home country with his education that he gets here. Recently, I came across information about a ministry in Uganda that David is checking out to see if he can serve God with them.

And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. ~ 1 John 5:14-15 (ESV)


God promises that he will hear and answer our prayers. God wants to give us the desires of our hearts. God knows the desires my our heart but he desires fellowship with us. If you have a need or desire, pray to God and ask for it and if your motavies are right God will answer your prayer. He also desires to protect us from harm of sin so don't be surprised if he answers your prayer with no or later. Another thing don't give up on praying for your friends. God is working in their lives and he will answer all your prayer at the right time.

No comments: