Bible Verse Of The Day

Friday, June 27, 2008

Downtown Greenville, SC: June 24, 2008, Part 3

The first time I went to Falls Park I fell in love with it. I can not wait for the day I can take my Love, Jo Anne there. I am sure that you will love and enjoy the park as much as I do. This is the third and final post of three post on my trip to Downtown Greenville on June 24, 2008.
Falls Park on the Reedy is one of the most beautiful parks that I have even been to in my life.
This is the 16 foot bronze sculpture called Lake, Falls, Lake by Bryan Hunt which is at the Main Street entrance to Falls Park.
This is the main falls in the park. Many people relax on the rock to take a break from their day. Children play in the water. Swimming is not recommend because bacteria levels are above state limits.
The Liberty Bridge spans the Reedy River and serve as a focal point for Falls Park. It cost $4.5 million to build. According to Falls Park's website the bridge is 355-feet long, 12-feet wide, has a horizontal curve radius of 214-feet and 90-foot towers weighing 26 tons each. It was created by architect Miguel Rosales of Boston.
The bridge overlooks the Reedy River Falls.
The bridge adds to the beautiful of the gardens below it and along the Reedy River. It is a great place for lovers to spend time together.
This is the view of the Liberty Bridge from the top of the falls.
This is the Bowater Amphitheater, it is one of two amphitheaters in Falls Parks.

More gardens along the Reedy river.Falls Park is on the site of the Vardry Mill.
These our the ruins of the old mill. It is so nice to be see history that is surrounded by such beauty.

No comments: