Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, May 22, 2008

If I was to...

If I was to become blind, I count it joy for Jesus' face would be the first I see.
If I was to become deaf, I count it joy for Jesus' voice would be the first I hear.
If I was to lose an arm, I count it joy for Jesus would be the first I would hug.
If I was to lose an leg, I count it joy for Jesus would be the first I would walk to.
So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 ESV

I wrote this as I was thinking about how those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will get new bodies in Heaven. If we lose something like our sight, hearing, or part of our bodies, we will get I prefect new body when we get to Heaven. In Heaven, there will be no sickness or death. Our new bodies will be spiritual and immortal but still be a physical body. We see an example of how our new bodies will be in the Bible when Jesus appears to his Disciples in the Upper Room.
As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!" But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them. ~ Luke 24:36-43ESV

As we see in Luke 24:36-43, Jesus seemly just appears to his Disciples. This show the spiritual form of our new bodies. The Disciples believe they are seeing the ghost of Jesus. To prove he is not a ghost, Jesus is ask they to touch and look him over. He even ask them for something to eat which he eats in front of them. Now after the Judgement Day and we get into Heaven, we will receive new bodies like the one we see Jesus has after he is resurrected.

No comments: